What it Takes to Launch a Lifestyle Brand
“You don’t start out a brand, you create a brand.”
Successfully developing a lifestyle brand hinges on one’s ability to evoke a unique emotion in a far-reaching way.
A whole “lifestyle” is no small thing.
Lifestyle brands don’t just appeal to a singular interest. Lifestyle brands seek to inspire, guide, and motivate people across multiple touch points. A lifestyle brand hopes to appeal to consumers by shaping the way they spend their time, dress, eat, and on and on.
One such lifestyle brand that has gained attention from consumers and is growing their multi faceted branding approach is the Lords brand.
The “Lords” brand develops, produces, and markets lifestyle apparel and natural health products through its e-Commerce platform to retail, B2B and B2C, consumers in North America and Europe utilizing its proprietary direct-to-consumer platform.
Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc., (“Lords”) (CSE: LRDS) (OTCQB: LRDSF) (FSE: 4XM) caters to a new generation of lifestyle brand enthusiasts materialized in the past two decades.
Lords acquired the iconic Lords of Gastown lifestyle brand, which blends the legal cannabis and motorcycle cultures. Lords of Gastown was born from the vision of Tyler Hazelwood, founder, and director. Lords of Gastown is an established freedom-focused brand rooted in the Pacific Northwest’s motorcycle culture.
Through Lords of Gastown’s strategic partnerships and alliances in the motorcycle communities, the recent launch of Gastown USA into California has been well accepted and recognized by the brand’s loyal following.
Lords and Gastown are excited to build on the initial momentum and expand the brand and offerings through alliances and partnerships in the region. The acquisition is undoubtedly significant in terms of broadening out Lords product portfolio, it also heralds Lords entry into the lucrative United States market.
Since the launch in April of last year our e-Commerce platform with their strategic supplier partners.
To date, Lords brands has generated revenues in excess of $2,600,000.
Lords eCommerce intends to grow its product offering on the platform and will be expanding product production output, with a new distribution agreement with GVB Biopharma, one of the largest producers of white labeled CBD products in the US.
Analysts project the revenue in the Lifestyle segment will reach a minimum of US$10.6Bn by the end of 20231 … And E-commerce will account for a significant piece of that pie.
Paid APP revenue in the Lifestyle segment is projected to reach US $7.71m in 2022, while In-app purchase (or IAP) revenue in the Lifestyle segment is projected to reach US $1,186.00M in 2022.2
Lords of Gastown Apparel
The apparel brand plans to expand in Q1 2023, with a strategy in place to increase the Lords brand visibility utilizing content from their well established Lords of Gastown events.
The intention is to integrate the brand’s prolific social media (Instagram, Facebook Twitter, Youtube and Pinterest) accounts with their ecommerce platform, to increase visibility and product sales for Lords Apparel, as well as the health and wellness faction of the brand.
Apparel sales for Lords of Gastown Apparel amounted to $9 Mm for the 2023 fiscal year.
Additionally, Lords Apparel intends to expand manufacturing with the integration of a facility in Nicaragua, in conjunction with the launch of their new Spring and Summer Lords Apparel line.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the apparel industry was one of the hardest-hit sectors of the economy in 2020.. However consumer spending on apparel is rallying, and was in fact up more than 60% year over year heading into the final quarter of 2022.3
The world’s apparel retail market is expected to enjoy a 7.5% growth in 2021-2022 to $1.84 billion dollars in 2022 and a 6.1% growth in 2022-2023 to $1.95 billion dollars in 2023.4 Lifestyle brands like Lords Apparel, with a pre-established and specific customer base, are poised for success in this consumer climate.
Lords of Grasstown
Lords domestic and USA export and distribution of wellness products through 50,000 convenience stores and pharmacies.5 The global wellness industry was valued at $4.9 trillion in 2019. As we emerge from the pandemic, the Global Wellness Institute predicts that the wellness economy will have further robust growth, projecting a 9.9% average annual growth, with the wellness economy reaching nearly $7.0 trillion by 2025.6
Lords Rock Creek Farms
Rock Creek is a well established agricultural mecca situated in British Columbia’s ‘Golden Mile’ in the South Okanagan Valley. It is celebrated for its ideal climate conditions, honoring this region’s tradition of excellence and a family legacy that has grown here for more than 120 years. This is a 100 – Acre CBD Hemp Project with rich history and proven cultivation success.
The global industrial hemp market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 16.8% from 2022 to 2030 to reach USD 16.75 billion by 2030.7
- e-Commerce organization expanding into the branded apparel market.
- Use of retail, online, and wholesale distribution channels greatly increase customer reach.
- Strong motorcycle/sporting and health and wellness culture along the pacific northwest and selected markets in the US and Europe.
- With e-Commerce and technology experience, Lords is rapidly growing into a formidable e-Commerce organization focused on aggressive expansion in the cannabis dietary supplement, natural health, and branded apparel products market. Powered by its proprietary technology platform, the company has created an e-Commerce Ecosystem to scale its brands and achieve profitability targets through data analysis, strategic customer acquisition and supply chain management.
- affiliate marketing programs
- complete supply chain management
- international business development
- customer service and customer retention
- technical operations of the business
- merchant processing capabilities
- product and fulfillment operations
Directors & Management
Chris Farnworth, CEO
A business management and corporate finance executive with over 35 years of experience in the public and private sectors. With extensive worldwide business development, sales, and operational experience with large and small multinational companies. A business management and corporate finance executive with over 35 years of experience in the public and private markets. With extensive worldwide high-level business development and sales experience, specifically in Europe, MENA and Asia, sales and operational experience with large and small-multinational companies focusing upon business development, project management, strategic planning, and partnership development. Mr. Farnworth is a former Vice President of Business Development of a TSX Venture Exchange Top 50 Company, ranked 9th. During his tenure he assisted in guiding the company’s Brazilian expansion through initial financing phases, project acquisitions, deployment of exploration programs, development financing, transitioning mining assets from greenfield to brownfield and the acquisition of adjacent producers. Mr. Farnworth was instrumental in negotiating the financing and joint venture with a private equity firm resulting in the eventual takeover and consolidation into their business operations.
Establishment of joint ventures, distribution channels and sub licensing agreements, identifying possible M&A opportunities, analysis of new market development and business opportunities. Financial feasibility studies and development of proposals. To date direct financings have included both debt and equity raisings in excess of $40 Million and have been placed in both private and public market companies. Mergers and acquisitions include stand-alone values up to and including $25 Million per transaction. Providing advice on SEC and Sarbanes Oxley compliance, audit and 10K and 10Q matters Presently, Mr. Farnworth works with several Family Offices and specific investors that seek access to an array of international opportunities.
Chad Clelland, Director
His experience in the sector dates to 2009 when he purchased Medicalmarijuana.ca Chad and his team also consulted, designed, and submitted dozens of applications to the government under the MMPR, ACMPR and Cannabis Act. In 2011. He also co-founded Folium Life Science in 2013, an approved Canadian Licensed Producer. His roles in these organizations have included Chief Operating Officer, head of security, alternate master grower and alternate responsible person in charge.
Matt McGill, Director
Mr. McGill has a strong background in both commercial and residential real estate and has played a major role in many development projects. Matt and McGill Realty have established a tremendous commercial and residential outfit servicing the Fraser Valley and the lower mainland. Matt is skilled at crafting strategic financing options for corporations.
Geoff Balderson, CFO
Mr. Balderson is the president of Amalfi Corp., a private business consulting company located in Vancouver, B.C. Mr. Balderson has been an officer and director of several TSX Venture and CSE Exchange-listed companies over the past 15 years. Prior to that, he was an investment adviser at Union Securities and Georgia Pacific Securities Corp.
Tyler Hazelwood , Branding
Tyler Hazelwood is a Canadian entrepreneur and the founder, CEO, and creative director of Lords of Gastown Motorcycle Co., an apparel and lifestyle retail lifestyle brand born from the motorcycle culture of the Pacific Northwest; the More Trees lifestyle and apparel brand; and the Lords of Gastown cannabis brand.
- Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc. has created an interconnected web of aligned brands, providing diversified revenue streams that are both independent, but supportive.
- Analysts project the revenue in the Lifestyle segment will reach a minimum of US$10.6Bn by the end of 2023.8
- The Total revenue in the Lifestyle segment is projected to reach US$10.62bn in 2022, Showing an annual growth rate (CAGR 2022-2026) of 7.82%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$14.35bn by 2026.9
- Insurance Archives – GlobalData
- E-Commerce Sales Surged During the Pandemic (census.gov)
- The Global Online Apparel Retailing Market is forecast to grow by $220 bn during 2022-2027, accelerating at a CAGR of 13.85% during the forecast period (yahoo.com)
- Restart Your ‘Zengine’ At Pritikin (forbes.com)
- Industrial Hemp Market Size & Share Report, 2022-2030 (grandviewresearch.com
Digital Marketing Agency of Record: Globull Technologies Corp., (“GloBull”).
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc. GloBull, has or expects to receive from Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc ZERO COMPENSATION for 30 days (22 BUSINESS DAYS).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not GloBull, its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by GloBull for this Article. GloBull was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. GloBull requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. GloBull, relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and GloBull, has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) GloBull, and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements.
These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to:
(a) revenue generating potential with respect to Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s industry;
(b) market opportunity;
(c) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s business plans and strategies;
(d) services that Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc intends to offer;
(e) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s milestone projections and targets;
(f) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications;
(g) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and
(h) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s expectations regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value.
Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about:
(a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s business plan;
(b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner;
(c) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis;
(d) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies;
(e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures;
(f) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel;
(g) political and regulatory stability;
(h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms;
(i) changes in applicable legislation;
(j) stability in financial and capital markets; and
(k) expectations regarding the level of disruption as a result of CV-19.
Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance, or achievements of Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation:
(a) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations;
(b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s business;
(c) the volatility of global capital markets;
(d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc’s business operations
(e) Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and
(f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency, or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Lords & Company Worldwide Holdings Inc or such entities.
Caution: Microcap stocks are not suitable for everyone, and it’s important to carefully consider your own financial goals and risk tolerance before making any investment decisions. We recommend consulting a licensed investment professional.